Had the good fortune due to a good roommate of going to a fairly swanky whiskey tasting event last night. Now I’m the first to tell you I don’t know much about whiskey except that when someone brings a drink of it to me in a bar I always assume I’ve done something to anger them and I’m being punished. To my delight however, last night taught me a few things -
1. I like whiskey ( I discovered this early on in the night which is good)
2. Expensive whiskeys are expensive because they taste really really good.
3. Whiskey drinkers take that shit realllllll serious.
4. By keeping your mouth open while sniffing the whiskey you get less of the alcohol smell and more of the whiskey itself.
5. Burning peat is what I want all my possessions to smell like.
6. A cheers from a Scotsman and this tale about kilts
He was awesome and his whiskey is too.
Overall a super fun night. They even had a pipe band who sounded awesome in a giant room like that the one we were in. Nice big bass drum played by a very small old man, my favorite.