(on facebook? go to www.joshuavt.com for the full post)
Here comes a point form no frills update my friends, it seems there’s never enough time for time for all the things that need time, you know?
- had a great Â holiday, lots of hugging and walking and eating. Lots of eating.
- I got a boatload of new music that I’m really excited to listen to. Quasimoto ( which I know came out in 2000 but I missed it), Sam Cooke, Black Milk, Bill Frisell, Andreya Triani, lots of stuff
- read a great book called Annabel about a hermaphrodite growing up in Newfoundland. Touching, scary and beautiful writing. Very much recommended. Started a book by Daniel Lanois called Soul Mining. Part memoir, part instructional guide, part geek music talk. It’s great so far.
- 2011 is all about output for me. I’ve spent the past few months practicing hard and reading lots and thinking. Time to act goddamnit. Jan. 3rd it’s on. I’ll be keeping the page a little more interesting too, more video, more music. More more.
- Christine Bougie somehow managed to write an insightful and meaningful blog post every day in December. That’s a really really difficult thing to do and she deserves to be congratulated publicly. Good work Boug, thank you.
- headed to Fredericton tomorrow morning to play an NYE show with David Myles. If you’re downtown in NB looking for fun come find us.
- I’m writing articles for Toronto.com now. Once they start getting posted I’ll direct you to ‘em if you’d like
- I joined twitter and I find it totally fascinating.
OK, gotta go. I hope you all had a safe and wonderful holiday. This has been an amazing year and can’t wait for the next. Happy to be sharing it with you. xo
ps – I found this on the sidewalk last night and it works yessssssssss. The fan is louder then the actual notes but I’ll deal with it.